Spring is a busy time in my family's calendar, as was the case even when I was a child. Assorted relatives, including my paternal grandmother, had birthdays in April and May. Then, Elder Brother married in May. Elder daughter Dudette was born in late May; Younger daughter Bogie, in early April (not in the same year - lol).
In May, the youngest generation of our family will get into the act as Next Generation 1 turns 16 and Next Generation 2 turns 15 just six days later. Their grandmother, Dudette, will pretty much close out the spate of Spring celebrations in late May. What did I forget? It will come to me in the dead of night. Oh, yes, Dudette and Wichidude married in May! They will hit the 44-year-mark this year.
For my birthday, I was bombarded with beautiful &/or thoughtful &/or funny cards, texts, and phone calls from family and friends, each, immensely appreciated. In addition, to assure that I celebrated my birthday, properly, Elder Brother came to visit for a few days, driving home the day after my birthday. He gave me the nifty Pocket Hug (photos, below) that came with instructions to carry it in my pocket at all times. I nearly lost it on my birthday, carrying it in my too-shallow pocket. The inadequate design of most women's clothing items is a whole, separate, ranting post. ☺ I now elect to carry Pocket Hug in my purse, rubbing up against my wallet and security box key.
Thank you to all my beloved family and dear friends. You make a really old woman happier than should be allowed.
bogie
ReplyDeleteOh! Now I see what you are talking about. I haven't quite figured out how to cope with comments. I can't even figure out how to show comment links in the sidebar. I don't think any of your comments to this post showed up a couple of hours ago, when I came in from doing yard work. If it did, I must have been comatose, so my apologies to YOU!
DeleteThe pocket Hug as well as the Reminder are awesome.
ReplyDeleteJeeze, somehow it never clicks how this is the busy time of year for the family.
Just thinking of April birthdays: Three days in a row: Grandmother H, Hitler (and Aloha & me), Queen Elizabeth II - not to mention all the rest of you in the rest of the month: Bogie, then, one of your cousins & Wonderful GrandDaughter share a day.
DeleteKimberly is your cousin-once-removed?
DeleteSorry about the first comment. Apparently Blogger changed something up (or, I am too old for this technology) and after I entered my name/url, it didn't give me a place to comment but it told me to save - so I did and now my mistake is there for all to see LOL.
ReplyDeleteOh! Now I see what you are talking about. I haven't quite figured out how to cope with comments. I can't even figure out how to show comment links in the sidebar. I don't think any of your comments to this post showed up a couple of hours ago, when I came in from doing yard work. If it did, I must have been comatose, so my apologies to YOU!
DeleteHappy late birthday and happy anniversary. It definitely sounds like a busy time of year for you.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Ingineer. You are so sweet.
ReplyDelete