In the past few weeks (since starting this new blog) I have happened across various websites to which I had not previously been exposed. You might like to give them a try - if you are interested in aviation and/or electronics, that is.
Fear of Landing - Sylvia Wrigley's aviation-themed posts address aviation safety more than anything else - in a detailed, thoughtful, and engaging manner. When first I stumbled across her blog, I followed her down that rabbit hole losing most of a day. I can only ask why I've failed to notice her work, sooner. Her latest posting is an engaging account of an air show.
Radio Museum - What a treasure trove of information I happened upon, this morning, in trying to find information concerning some of the equipment addressed by Hunky Husband's box of construction manuals, owner's manuals, and assorted paperwork pertaining to electronics he and I had constructed and/or owned, over the years. Wow!
I am in the midst of scanning a small portion of the above-mentioned electronics paperwork in preparation for deep-sixing the paper files (well...some of the stuff is actually passed on to Dudette who may go through and then pass it on or deep-six it.) The thing that led me to the Radio Museum website was a warranty card that HH had filled out and saved in 1963.
Yes, I remember assembling that television, but I could not for the life of me conjure up a mental picture of the set - nor could I find any other paperwork of the set. My search engine yielded nothing in regard to it. (I suspect that I pitched the assembly manual out with other Heath product assembly manuals in 2022 or thereabouts when I attacked the electronics stashed in our basement.) Eventually, I found the TV on Radio Museum. Great!
Wow, that warranty card is OLD. Is that the same one that was in the house I grew up in in Derby? I don't remember it looking like that, so probably not.
ReplyDeleteIn vain I've tried to find photos taken in the living room on Sunrise to answer your question. I am sure that the last color console TV in that room was NOT the Heathkit we built but I do not recall when the Heathkit was taken out of service/by whom/its disposition. Mostly, what I remember about the Heathkit TV was how your dad and I "fought" over who got to assemble it - but I don't even recall whether that was the black&white or the color (more likely, both!)
ReplyDeleteWell, duh! No, the TV that went with the card was black&white so I am fairly sure it was not the one you recall. OTOH: Am I mimicking ai by hallucinating that we ever built a color? I dunno.
ReplyDelete