Since Hunky Husband's death, I have been going through drawers/shelves/boxes full of paperwork that he ran out of time to review, himself. Most of his stuff has been pretty routine but, today, I ran across something of interest to me: a post card mailed to HH on 4 August 1981 that addressed a minor historical event of interest to pilots or laser freaks.
History of Aerial Polar Navigation
First
published: Summer 1992
https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2161-4296.1992.tb01878.xDigital Object Identifier (DOI)
Taking a few more minutes, I looked at the listing that I had made of HH's three wallets full of business cards found on a shelf in his book closet. Indeed, HH had Portney's card from when Portney was Director, Air Force Requirements - Guidance & Control Systems at Litton. HH had notes from meetings with Portney in 1981-1984.
It's a small thing, but exciting to me, even though I shed a tear or two in the process. BTW: The post card was among family greeting cards to HH dated in 1989-1990.
I would not have guessed that the first letter of th elast name is a "P". Good sleuthing!
ReplyDeleteThank you for making me feel better, Bogie. I never know when issues are "just me".
ReplyDelete